Kylie Bed Pad - washable and reusable bed pads for continence care
An overview of “kylie” bed pads/sheets including key features and benefits
Kylie® is the brand name of a range of incontinence products produced by Capatex Medical, a division of Capatex Ltd.
Capatex have been producing medical textiles in the UK for over 15 years and have recently re-launched the Kylie® range.
Best known for their bed pads the term “kylie” is often used generically to describe washable bed pads used to protect the sheet and mattress against incontinence leakage.
Features of a “kylie”:
The key features of a “kylie”can be summarised as follows;
- Quilted upper layer that absorbs up to 4 litres of liquid
- Waterproof backing
- Typically placed on a bed under the person to protect the bed from potential leakage
- Positioned on top of the sheet, which saves the work of stripping the bed and washing sheets
A “kylie” is used to protect the sheets:
- Against leakage from a body worn incontinence pad
- During pad changes
- During a catheter change
- When a body worn incontinence pad is unsuitable
How do Kylie’s work?
“Kylie’s” have a stay dry, one way top layer allows liquid to pass quickly through to the absorbent layer where it is kept away from the user allowing a comfortable nights sleep.
Branded Kylie® bed pads feature 5-layer Bed Pad Technology.
Kylie bed sheets can be washed up to 200 times without losing their effectiveness and absorbency.
For more information on “Kylie” Bed Pads or to make a purchase call Home and Medical on 08000 35 35 88 or Click Here