PLEASE READ THE INFORMATION BELOW TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR VAT RELIEF
If you qualify for VAT Relief then please complete the exemption form at the checkout.
Products which are specifically designed to be used to relieve the symptoms of a chronic illness or disability qualify for VAT exemption under the VAT Act 1994 - these are clearly indicated.
VAT Relief is available to certain individuals on selected products supplied by Home & Medical.
VAT Relief is available when:
• The person is “chronically sick or disabled” and
• The goods and services are purchased or acquired for their personal or domestic use
A person is “chronically sick or disabled if he/she is a person:
• With a physical or mental impairment which has long term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
• With a condition which the medical profession treats as chronic sickness, such as diabetes, arthritis, heart condition etc
• Who is terminally ill
• Who suffers from incontinence
It does not include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb. If you are not sure if you qualify, please ask your medical advisor, as we are not able to give medical opinions.
If you, or the person you are claiming on behalf of, fulfils the requirements detailed above, you need to complete the VAT Relief form at checkout. You may then pay "price without VAT " on selected products.
By completing our on-line VAT Relief form you must agree to these terms and conditions and that you are claiming relief from Value Added Tax under Group 12 of Schedule 8 to the Value Added Tax Act of 1994. For further information please click this link VAT Relief - Notice 701/7
Once we have received your VAT Relief declaration we will register it on your account and it will remain active for three years.
* VAT Relief is controlled by HM revenue and customs and applies only to those products designed to be used to relieve the symptoms of a chronic illness or disability.